Sunday 22 March 2009

Somewhere in a small town in Asia, Africa or the U.S.A. you are wondering: How can I get my college diploma in Europe?



[Pictured above: Dr. Mark Leslie Woods seated with his colleagues; Mark is about to receive his doctorate on 17 December 2007 from the University of Glamorgan in blustery Treforest, Wales, U.K.]

I want to discuss how you can get accepted at a school in Europe or North America, and how to one day reach the point where you get to wear a cap and gown:

You and your parents or friends or partner/spouse will have a lot of questions if you decide to go to college or university in Britain, Ireland, Europe or in the U.S.A. or Canada.

You probably don't even know what questions to ask.

Later on, we will try to generate a list of questions for you, so please check back or bookmark this site.



Right now, let's begin by you asking yourself, 'What do I want to be doing with my life in 10 years?'

This is the starting point for starting the sometimes long and expensive journey of studying abroad.

In my case, I completed almost all the requirements of a four-year degree in Broadcasting & Theatre (in five years) at a college in Ohio from 1977-1981, but I never graduated from this small, private college.



Then I decided at the age of 40 to go back to college. What a shock!

I started by enrolling at the Miami-Dade College. For one semester I took courses in every subject, just to see what interested me. I fell in love with film and cinema, during a course with one of my best teachers ever, Dr. Gary Davis.



Then I did a writing course with Prof. Frank Orifici. Again, I fell in love with screenplays and novels.
Before I knew it, I was enrolled on the Associate of Science degree in Film Production Technology.

After two years I transferred to Florida International university, where I eventually graduated with Honors with a Bachelor degree in Liberal Studies with a Film Studies Certificate.



[Pictured above: Dr. Mark and Mom at Mark's place in Miami Beach -- Florida International University's Graduation Day December 2003.]

The point of this story is, even with out telling you how I spent the years 2003-2009 studying and lecturing at universities in the U.S., U.K., Italy, Czech Republic and around Europe, you already get the point that I have had alot of experience as a student/instructor, so I know how universities work.

In articles to follow this I will try to use this expertise I gained while studying and teaching to help you and others who aspire to achieve a degree or further education.



Thanks and good luck with your bright and promising future!

Comment ça va? Ici on parle Français. / Ciao! Qua parliamo italiano.

AIM: ATRiuM Intelligent Media





Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Adoration of Beauty and the Grotesque, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called William Blake Spirituality: Toward a Theory of Horoscopes, Tarot and Tomorrow's Tea Leaves, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Courage 2 Create, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Grace-filled Empty Spaces, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Welsh-American Family Genealogy, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Welsh Music, Film, and Books Symposium, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Celtic Cult Cinema on the World Wide Web.

Visit the UK Film Studies and World Cinema and Music Import Showcase

© 2009 Dr. Mark Leslie Woods


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Clock